We want you to enjoy the best experience while being hosted at the GR Ljubljana Exhibition and Congress Centre in Ljubljana, Slovenia, so we have prepared information for participants during the Congress.
However if you need additional information, please ask for help at the registration desk, from the staff personnel (orange badges) or members of LOC (green badges).
On the conference site free access to the network SSID = LEPTON PHOTON is available. Password is not required.
Free public transport on city buses:
Participants have free access to city busses during the conference (Mon. – Sat). Just use your conference badge and show it to the driver.
Drink and food at LP2015:
- Coffee breaks are in the hall adjacent to the conference hall, where also the posters will be on display from Monday to Friday.
- Lunches will be served in Stebrna dvorana hall – one level below the lecture plenary hall.
- Reception will be offered in the venue.
- The conference dinner (do not forget your conference badge) will take place at the Ljubljana Castle. The Castle can be accessed by a short walk from the town centre or by funicular railway. Access with funicular railway is free of charge with the conference badge. It operates until 23:00. Later return possible on foot or by taxi.
Notice! Due to cold and wet weather the dinner will be served inside.
Access to funicular railway:
- A cash bar with non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks is available in the entrance hall.
- Drinking water is available at the Marmorna Hall Foyer entrance hall from the drinking fountain and/or any tap you find.
- Pub, Pizzeria, Lounge bar, Wine & Beer shop are located outside in the green area of the venue.
Parking at the Venue:
You can use Mestna square (Mestna ploščad) at the GR Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre for parking during the Congress free of charge. Overnight parking is also free of charge.
Info about Ljubljana:
Information about Ljubljana can be obtained at the registration desk.
Visiting the “1001 Inventions” exhibition:
A Leading Internationally Awarded Exhibition – Discover the golden age of Muslim civilization and its groundbreaking impacts on science, technology, and culture! This era lasted almost 1000 years, from 7th to 16th century. Muslim civilization stretched from Spain to China. Groundbreaking discoveries of those times left an indelible mark on our contemporary world.
Price: With participants’ badge the admission is 8,5€ (regular price is 15€).
Opening hours: The exhibition is open every day from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Location: GR Ljubljana Exhibition and Convention Centre
Visiting the “Water” exhibition:
Ljubljana with its surroundings has accesses to remarkably high-quality water and its many sources that enabled 5,000 years of continuous settlement can still be accessed to this day. Through different themes and various timelines, the exhibition presents the importance of water. It is essential for our survival, the mobility of humans, goods, ideas and knowledge, our mythologies and beliefs, art and language.
Price: With participants’ badge the admission is 4€ (regular price is 6€).
Opening hours: The exhibition is open Tuesdays–Sundays: from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., Thursdays: from 10 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Location: City Museum of Ljubljana, Gosposka 15, 1000 Ljubljana
Visiting the “Project Ljubljana-Budapest 2015: Neighbour to Neighbour” exhibition
Fine art exhibition by members of the Hungarian Academy of Arts
Price: Free admission
Opening hours: The exhibition is open every day to 30th of August from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Location: Ljubljana Castle, Estates Hall and Palatium